YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF
This got even funnier when I realized that to shoot it, essentially someone had to hurl a massive rat puppet at Cary Elwes.
Fathers of Technology and Innovation
- Clarence “Skip” Ellis was the first African-American to earn a PhD in Computer Science. He helped develop the concept of clicking icons which lead to the development of user friendly operating systems such as Windows or Mac.
- David Hedgley created a mathmatical algorithim that would tell computers which lines to display and which lines to make invisible, thus creating 3-D graphics.
- James E. West holds 47 U.S. and more than 200 foreign patents. He is best known for co-inventing the electroacoustic transducer, an electret microphone that revolutionized microphones and is used in 90% of microphones today (including in telephones, tape recorders, and other devices).
- Mark Dean developed a number of landmark technologies for IBM, including the color PC monitor and the first gigahertz chip. He holds three of the company’s original nine patents with more than 20 patents associated with his name. He also co-invented the Industry Standard Architecture system bus allowing for computer plug-ins such as disk drives, modems, and printers.
- Marc Hannah co-founded SGI (Silicon Graphics, Inc.) and was named its principal scientist for inventing computer graphic programs like Personal IRIS, Indigo, Indigo2, and Indy graphics, which were used to create effects for commercials, television shows, films (like Jurassic Park and Terminator 2). engineering, research, and for military applications. Hannah is also the chief technology officer for SongPro, a technology company specializing in making multimedia plug-ins used for listening to music on hand-held video game players and MP3 players.
- Gerald Lawson invented the modern game console, the first home video game system with interchangeable game cartridges.
Commander Synergy of the Day: Because he’s put into play attacking, you can bypass the restrictions on Master… And that kills the person this is aimed at. It kills them very, very dead. Master’s ability triggers first, so it puts their life total to 1. Then Kaalia finishes the job. Then you lose your friends.
and then you’re kicked out of the store.
George R. R. Martin everyone.
My favourite thing about this gifset is that George R. R. Martin acknowledges both of these methods without insulting or dismissing the other. He is a fantastic writer and I know that some other fantastic writers swear by their methods and discount the others, which can be really disheartening as a young writer. Hearing him describe both of these methods without dismissing the other makes me very, very happy, as I am very much an architect and I always get so sad when every writer I look up to is like “NO PLANNING. PLANNING BAD. WRITERS DONT PLAN.”
So thank you, Mr. Martin.
Mimsy is an architect. I am a gardener. I like this comparison.